Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Tribute

Hi friends,
Hope all of you and your families are safe..I mean, I hope and pray all of you who have families in Mumbai are safe.. This week I thought I'd update the blog with a prayer, Allah Tero Naam.. for the families of all the people who have lost their dear ones in the Mumbai blasts and for those who survived. (Thanks Swati for the forward on Mumbaikars..was so touching..)

Here is one of my all time favorite Ghazal. The recording quality and track are not all that great.. so, was hesitating to put in on my blog. Since Murali mentioned my attempt of Ranjishi sahi, I had some friends email and ask me where they could listen to it. So..here it is. As there is no way I can sing it the way the original is, I have tried my own variation in it.. I was also influenced by Anuradha Paudwal's rendition of the same.
Thanks so much for listening..

Album : Allah Tero Naam
Movie : Hum Dono
Music : Jaidev
Originally Sung By : Lata Mangeshkar
Sung By : Vidyu

16 comments:

On a musical note said...

Vidyu, nice job, how is it that you sing most of my favorite songs? Can you post some songs from your recent live show?
Swati.

Murali Venkatraman said...

Vidyu:

Beautiful delivery. I am wondering if one of you people can get the karaoke of Kahe tarsai. I strongly sugggest that you along with Swati and Srividya should sing sing that song and delight us.

madhavan kutty said...

Hi,
An apt tribute to sad events in India.
Musically, another nice job, I could see Nanda in that small but powerful role come to life !.
Those of you out there, (perhaps not around at the time this movie was released) may not know that there were hardly any eyes in the movie hall that was not full of tears- India had just gone through the trauma of the 1962 war. Death and destruction were everywhere- a scene reminded with full force on 7/11.
with prayers,
madhavan kutty

Anand said...

Hi vidyu,

visting your blog for the first time.. thats was a awesome treat... wonderful song.. thanks a lot for your prayers...have blogrolled you.. :) Keep them coming...

Clear rendition with an awesome voice.. way to go..

Srividya Kasturi said...

Hi Vidyu,

It is even better than the one u posted in Taranaa...Ur variations are very nice.

Soumitra said...

Great job Vidyu. Very nice modulations. Keep it up !

ZEG Consultants said...

Vidyu,
Very powerful, soul-stirring rendition.

Ganesh said...

wonderful rendition with feelings.

thanks for this song.
Ganesh

Kiranz..!! said...

Nice hearing different versions of the same song..Just heard Srividya's version of the same song.All of your songs are professional..!

Read about your recent show with "Abijith" one of my most fav singer from Hindi.Please post any of your songs with him.Really anxious hearing those soon..!

Pradip Somasundaran said...

Wow, Vidyu. Once again a powerful soul stirring performance from you.You give everything when u sing!

Vidyu said...

Dear friends,
thankyou so much for listening. It means a lot to me that u all take the time to listen and write ur thoughts on it..that is the biggest form of encouragemnt one can receive and i thankyou all so much for it...

- Vidyu

indianadoc said...

Vidyu...u touched deep within with all that bhava...

indianadoc said...

vidyu...u really touched deep within...beautiful rendition...

Divya.S.Menon said...

Hi Vidyu,
Superb....you have got an excellent voice with the right feel and voice modulations.Fabulous job.....I am a big fan of yours......you have inspired me to sing better..........please visit my blog when you find time

Regards divya

Shubho said...

Beautiful thats all I can say!!!

Anuradha said...

Phenominal. Do you have a classical background? Your control is amazing!

Anuradha